? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, April 6, 2009

Well yesterday I was standing in line at Wal-Mart.There was this old man next to me and we were both kind of eyeing each other up. I saw his belt buckle and asked him "What does DAV mean?" He goes on to tell me Disabled American Veterans." Then he started braggin about their organization and their building. After that he invites me to thier meetings for coffee. I couldn't help but laugh because he was such an interesting guy.

It got me thinking about how most of the people that volunteer to help are mostly ex military. I thought it showed a lot that this guy was so old but still helping and making an effort.

I've always got some new idea of what I want to do. I remember that this volunteering was one of them from the past that I never got around to. So hopefully I can get out there and be helpful to someone. You can never repay someone for going off to war for you and your family. Or much less serving their country as a soldier,or to their community as a policeman or firefighter.

So if you read this today, do what you can to help other people understand how easily it is we take things for granted.To realize that the "good ol' days" are NOW.To enjoy them. This was on the ACM's last night. It's moments like these that slow us down. If only we didn't need them sometimes to recognize what's important......



2 comments:

The Boz's said...

Apparently I need to change my profile...now Cole is the only one who updates, and I might be the one to surprise HIM!

robin said...

Look at Cole posting! Nice job Hubbie! Amber- take a lesson and get on it sister! LOL! :)